Monday, January 9, 2012

Expect the Unexpected....

I didn’t realize how hard it would be to write the first post for my company’s blog. I love to write. It is a natural occurrence for me, but this was definitely a challenge. I believe I wasted more time thinking about what the first post should be about than anything else, so eventually I just stopped thinking about it. Now, after a month, I’m still stuck in the same position. So, with that being said, I’m just going to freestyle, if you will.



I did a lot of research about what the first corporate blog post should be about. Most sites said the same thing: getting to know the writers, what to expect from the blog site, and a lot more things along those lines.

As far as what to expect from the Texas811 blog, DON’T! We plan to surprise you with each post we bring your way. We hope to be enlightening and to give you some insight on the diversity that makes up what our company is. We aren’t going to get on here and pretend to be the most grammatically correct people, or to be so professional that we don’t have a life outside of work. We want you to get a feel of our work environment and who we are as a company. What we stand for, what we hope to achieve, and many other things that may interest you, our readers.



My name is Shakheana Fields and I am the Remote Applications Manager at Texas811. I’ve been with the company for about 7 ½ years and I absolutely LOVE my job and the people I work with. I will be one of many employees of Texas811 to post on this site, so I figured the first post should include some things about who I am. Getting to know the person behind the writer is important, well to me at least. I am 26 years old and I have two amazing daughters. I love to read, write, and do pretty much anything that sounds fun to me. I am very social, but a lot of people do not know that about me until they actually get to know me.



I hope you have enjoyed our first corporate post. Stay tuned for exciting things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment