Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Morning Cup of Coffee...

As I sit here drinking my coffee and racking my brain as to what will be the first sentence in my blog post I realized something.  Every morning for the last 5 years my day starts with a cup of coffee.   The last 3 years have included waking up happy to start my work day.  Now, I’ve had lots of different coffees from different places.  I’ve had Starbucks, 7 Eleven, McDonalds, you name it.  Each cup has its own flavor just as each of us has our own personality.  Furthermore, each of us has even tried out different jobs.   Of course, I’m not saying we are each like a cup of coffee but we each bring something unique to the table.   A great culture and diversity within our company is what helps define who we are.   
 In October of 2009, after my 5 year tenure with Circuit City in the retail industry, I returned to work for Texas811. I should add this was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my lifetime.   I quickly learned that the company had made some remarkable changes since I first worked here in 2000. A fully equipped gym complete with two showers had been constructed, an office expansion that has just recently led to ownership of the entire building and a larger staff were a few of the things that stood out to me.  Since opening for business in the 80’s our company has continued to grow.  In the last three years we have near doubled in size.  With the addition of new states hopping on board we are the leader in what we do.

Starbucks started the coffee house boom in the U.S. in the late 80’s to early 90’s and has grown to 18,887 stores in 55 countries.  I don’t suspect we will have this many offices popping up all over the world, however, we will continue to dominate this industry.     

I’m Kyle Barnes, the Training Manager for Texas811.  I moved to the training department a year after being a floor agent.  I enjoy anything outdoors; wakeboarding, and mountain bike riding to name a few.  Just like I enjoy my cup of coffee every morning I enjoy being part of such an excellent company. 


Kyle Barnes 

No comments:

Post a Comment